Duties & Responsibilities
One-Stop Permit Center now open
Looking to do a simple remodel or addition? Maybe you want to ask an expert, “How do you build this?”
The City of Marysville’s new One-Stop Permit Center gives residents and small businesses easier access to a building inspector who can answer questions about the building code and review simple plans.
Depending on your project, a simple building permit could be issued the same day. The most eligible permit types include single-family home additions, alterations to a home’s interior, decks (new or alterations), garages, pole buildings, and reuse of an existing building for small business.
The One-Stop Permit Center, located at the Community Development office at 80 Columbia Ave., is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. To avoid potential delay at the front counter, call 360-363-8100 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. to schedule an appointment.
Services provided at the One-Stop Permit Center include:
· Coordinated customer service
· Streamlined permitting process either the same day or within 3-5 working days
· Plan checks and permit insurance combined in one location
· Information to small business owners about reusing or expanding an existing building
· Issuance of business licenses
By answering simple questions right away, the One-Stop Permit Center helps reduce paperwork, streamlines plan review and issues permits more quickly.