Human Services Grant Program
The City of Marysville will be offering grants to non-profit organizations who provide human services to residents of Marysville. The program seeks to partner with agencies who provide health and human services primarily for low-and moderate-income residents. Marysville's Human Services Grant Program is accepting applications for project proposals for 2023. This is a competitive grant offering. Applications will be reviewed by a grant review committee that will score the applications and make the award selection. Applications are due by Wednesday, March 1, at 5 p.m.
MEETING BASIC NEEDS:
The City of Marysville defines human services as those provided specifically to individuals and families to meet basic human needs for:
- Finding and retaining gainful employment
- Support in times of personal or family crisis
- Assistance in overcoming family or individual problems
- Help in gaining access to available, appropriate services
Agencies eligible for grant funding must be providing services within the City of Marysville. Agencies must be a 501(c)(3) or be sponsored by a 501(c)(3) agency and meet the following criteria:
- Meet minimum insurance requirements $1M/occurrence, $2M annual aggregate
- Be willing and able to accept reimbursement for funds
- Regularly track and submit reports regarding services
- Serve City of Marysville residents
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination
There is no minimum or maximum amount for the 2023 cycle.
Applicants that are awarded funding must seek prior approval before changing any plans related to grant funds that will impact the delivery of the program's stated goal, change the stated goal, or change the cost of the program. Failure to do so will risk the loss of reimbursable funds.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, March 1, 2023, at 5 p.m. All applications must be submitted before 5 p.m. Applications may be submitted electronically through the online application or in person at the Parks, Culture and Recreation office at 1015 State Ave. Programs must be completed by Dec. 31, 2023, with a request for reimbursement submitted no later than Jan. 31, 2024.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. To maximize the competitiveness of their application, applicants are encouraged to follow these guidelines.
- Competitive applications will identify and address a key need for Marysville residents and support that need with data.
- Competitive applications will explain what services will be provided, who will provide them and when they will be provided.
- Competitive applications will address the program marketing and outreach efforts.
- Competitive applications will demonstrate cultural relevance, accessibility and accommodations for diverse populations.
- Competitive applications will illustrate outcomes and measurement of program effectiveness and impact.
- Competitive applications will demonstrate affordability, physical accessibility and service accessibility.
- Competitive applications budget makes sense for the type of program proposed and appears financially stable.
For programs that are awarded funds, a reimbursement procedure will be identified. Please note when preparing to apply that you will be required to submit the following with reimbursement:
- All invoices and receipts associated with the program.
- Documentation recapping the program and the benefits gained by the populations served. Testimonials from program participants are appreciated. Please limit your recap to no more than 500 words.
Questions about applications should be directed to Dave Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 363-8403.
Send paper copies by mail to Dave Hall at:
Marysville Parks, Culture and Recreation
Attention: Dave Hall
1015 State Ave.
Marysville, WA 98270