Apply for a Home Occupation Business License

What is considered a home occupation business?

You are considered a home occupation business if you do not have a commercial store or office and you are doing any part of your business activities from your residence, and the residence is inside the city limits of Marysville. Even if you do not sell a product from your home or do not have any customers come to your home, you are still considered a home occupation in business.

Contacting customers by phone or conducting bookkeeping work from the home is also considered a home occupation business. (For example, contractors, subcontractors, plumbers or electricians who go to the job site to perform work, but whose office is at home.)

Apply for a home occupation business license

If you do not have access to a computer, you may visit the Public Works/Community Development Building at 80 Columbia Ave. and use a public computer at the front counter.

For questions, please contact the Business Licensing staff at 360-363-8100.