COVID-19 - Recent Updates
- The Utility Assistance Grants Application is currently open. The grant offers a one-time bill credit of $200 ($100 for those who have a discounted utility rate) to those who qualify. Funds are limited; grants will first be awarded to eligible applicants who have not previously received a grant. Those who were previously awarded a grant may still apply and will be put on a wait list; if funding is still available, those grants will be awarded in the order received. View the grant application for eligibility criteria and additional details.
- No late fees or water disconnections for unpaid balances through April 30, 2021.
- Need extra garbage picked up? Visit our COVID-19 page for the current policy on how extra garbage is being handled.
- City Hall is still closed to the public, but we're here to help - just give us a call or email!
Garbage Collection Information - Holidays
Garbage collection is Monday through Friday on your assigned day. Garbage is collected every official holiday except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
If your service falls on or after these holidays, your garbage will be collected on the next day:
- For every Thanksgiving, if your collection day is normally Thursday, it will be Friday, and if your normal collection day is Friday, it will be Saturday.
- For December 25, 2020, if your collection day is normally Friday, collection will be done on Saturday December 26, 2020.
- For January 1, 2021, if your collection day is normally Friday, collection will be done on Saturday January 2, 2021.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Boy Scouts are NOT collecting Christmas trees at Jennings Park this year.
For regular yard waste customers:
Waste Management will do free Christmas tree pickups the week of Jan. 17, the regular pickup week in Marysville. Place your unflocked, undecorated tree in your yard waste bin with the lid open if need be.
Don't have yard waste service?
- Cedar Grove is offering free Christmas tree recycling for Marysville residents at their Everett location. Residents must show photo ID indicating you live in Marysville to recycle one tree for free. Additional trees can be recycled for $5 each. Operating hours are 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday at 3260 36th Pl. N.E., Everett, WA 98201.
- You can drop off your tree at a Snohomish County transfer station, including the Arlington facility located at 19600 63rd Ave. N.E. Charge is $5 per tree. Operating hours are 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. 7 days a week (closed New Year's Day).
Once-a-month garbage customers:
Please put your garbage cart out on the first full week of each month (if the 1st of the Monday falls on a Monday, that is the first full week. If the 1st falls on Tuesday or later, the first full week starts on the Monday after the 1st) on your normal collection day. See the schedule to the left.
If snow or other events prevent safe collection of garbage or recycling, the City will collect double on the next collection day or, if circumstances permit, later in the collection week. Please see www.marysvillewa.gov, social media, or announcements regarding collection. The City will collect when safe to do so, as such, there is no credit given as all materials will be collected.
Leak Adjustments and Discounted Rates
Visit our Discounts & Rebates page for more information on low-income senior/low-income disabled rates and leak adjustments.
Utility Tax Disclosure
The amount billed for each of the services below include the following taxes:
|State Business & Occupation Tax||1.75 %||1.75%||1.75%|
|State Public Utility Tax||5.03%||3.85%||N/A|
|City Utility Tax||8.50%||8.50%||8.50%|