COVID-19 - Recent Updates
- *NEW* - Beginning April 5th Solid Waste will resume the collection of bulk waste (e.g., mattresses, furniture, etc.) for curbside collections. Residents will need to contact Utility Billing at 360-363-8001 or click here to schedule a pickup day for this service and prices will be based on the items.
Examples of cost for common bulk items:
Recliner/Chair $13.32 Box Spring $13.32 Mattress $13.32 Sofa $19.98 Loveseat $13.32 Hide-a-bed $33.30 Kitchen Table $13.32 Carpet (4' long sections, rolled/tied $13.32
Items we cannot take include: refrigerators, televisions, computers, washers/dryers, hot water heaters, dishwashers, stoves, yard debris/trees/sod, tires, fuel tanks/propane tanks, hazardous waste, roofing material, rock/concrete/bricks.
Extra residential garbage collection will continue to be coordinated through Utility Billing. Residential solid waste customers who have extra garbage will place the extras into their cart and call Utility Billing at 360-363-8001 to request an extra pickup, prices will be based on cart size: 20 Gallon $6.66, 36 Gallon $6.66, 64 Gallon $13.32, and 96 Gallon $19.98.
- The Utility Assistance Grants Application is currently open. The grant offers a one-time bill credit of $200 ($100 for those who have a discounted utility rate) to those who qualify. Funds are limited; grants will first be awarded to eligible applicants who have not previously received a grant. Those who were previously awarded a grant may still apply and will be put on a wait list; if funding is still available, those grants will be awarded in the order received. View the grant application for eligibility criteria and additional details.
- No late fees or water disconnections for unpaid balances through July 31, 2021.
- Need extra garbage picked up? Visit our COVID-19 Utility Updates page for the current policy on how extra garbage is being handled.
- City Hall is still closed to the public, but we're here to help - just give us a call or email!
Once-a-month garbage customers:
Please put your garbage cart out on the first full week of each month (if the 1st of the Monday falls on a Monday, that is the first full week. If the 1st falls on Tuesday or later, the first full week starts on the Monday after the 1st) on your normal collection day. See the schedule to the left.
If snow or other events prevent safe collection of garbage or recycling, the City will collect double on the next collection day or, if circumstances permit, later in the collection week. Please see www.marysvillewa.gov, social media, or announcements regarding collection. The City will collect when safe to do so, as such, there is no credit given as all materials will be collected.
Leak Adjustments and Discounted Rates
Visit our Discounts & Rebates page for more information on low-income senior/low-income disabled rates and leak adjustments.
Utility Tax Disclosure
The amount billed for each of the services below include the following taxes:
|State Business & Occupation Tax||1.75 %||1.75%||1.75%|
|State Public Utility Tax||5.03%||3.85%||N/A|
|City Utility Tax||8.50%||8.50%||8.50%|