In 2023 the City of Marysville began a new business inspection program. Inspections focus on outdoor activities and storage, stormwater systems, and dumpsters. The goal of this program is to reduce stormwater pollution.
Stormwater is rainwater that runs off hard surfaces, like a parking lot or roof. Stormwater is collected in the storm drains. In many cases, the stormwater flows through underground pipes directly to the nearest stream. It is the responsibility of each business to prevent stormwater pollution from leaving the site. Simple actions can reduce stormwater pollution.
- Close dumpster lids
- Inspect and maintain the stormwater system at your business
- Cover materials that are stored outside
- Use fewer chemicals for landscaping
- Have a spill kit and spill plan
- Report spills 360-363-8100
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Devin Childe at 360-363-8233 or via email at email@example.com.