The City of Marysville invites the public to participate and comment in a workshop on the proposed State Avenue Subarea Plan. The workshop is scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, June 26, at Marysville City Hall, 1049 State Ave.
The State Avenue Corridor Subarea Plan is being developed to provide long-range guidelines to improve the image, character, use and quality of life along State Avenue as redevelopment and infill development occur.
- Overview of project purpose and community comments to date.
- Process and schedule for plan preparation.
- Presentation by consultant MAKERS Architecture and Urban Design about their experience in transforming commercial corridors.
- Full group discussion on goals and objectives, including what participants hope to see within a 20-year horizon.
- Visual preference exercise: a look at architecture and design to obtain the community’s feedback on what types of architecture and design are appealing to the community.
The State Avenue Corridor Subarea Plan will include standards pertaining to land use, commercial and mixed-use nodes, architectural design, site design (where and how structures, parking, etc. are placed and oriented), landscaping, open space and park/recreational opportunities, pedestrian circulation and transit service.
Special Accommodations: The City of Marysville strives to provide accessible meetings for people with disabilities. Please contact the ADA Coordinator at 360-363-8084 or 1-800-833-6399 (TDD Only) or 1-800-833-6384 (Voice Relay) two days before the meeting if special accommodations are needed.