If you’re in high school and live within Marysville city limits, here’s an opportunity for you to help make important community decisions. Members of the Citizen Advisory Board advise and guide city staff on how to spend federal funds in our community to help low-income families and improve access to facilities and services for people living in low-income neighborhoods. Participation is a great way to learn more and build your resume, too.
The city is accepting applications to fill a vacancy for a high school youth member; deadline to apply is July 31.
The opening is for a one-year term that may be renewed for up to three years depending on the appointee’s age and interest. The Citizen Advisory Committee for Housing and Community Development meets 4-6 times per year and has these responsibilities:
- Evaluate and recommend a consolidated plan, and any amendments;
- Evaluate and recommend an annual action plan, and amendments;
- Evaluate and make recommendations on funding requests submitted to the city;
- Review program performance reports; and
- Other duties as may be requested by the mayor and City Council.
Committee positions represent a variety of community interests. Meetings are open to the public.
Please send a letter describing your interest by July 31 to Amy Hess, Associate Planner, City of Marysville, 80 Columbia Ave., Marysville, WA 98270.