Spring cleaning starts here! The City of Marysville will host the popular, free Shred-A-Thon event on Saturday, May 8. In addition to free shredding service for paperwork with personal information, you can also bring Styrofoam, bubble wrap and electronics for recycling.
The event is scheduled from 9 a.m. to noon at Marysville City Hall, 1049 State Ave. (The event will end at noon or as soon as the shred trucks are full.) Please do not arrive early. The parking lot will not open before 9 a.m. People who arrive after 9:15 a.m. usually get through the line most quickly.
- You can bring up to six standard file-size boxes for free shredding.
- Marysville Sunrise Rotary will accept clean Styrofoam and bubble wrap for recycling.
- Marysville Legacy High School will accept donations of old computers/electronics.
- Computer towers, laptops, e-readers, cell phones, working flat screen monitors, digital cameras, gaming consoles accepted.
- Sorry, they cannot accept printers, broken flat screen monitors or CRT monitors.
Please wear a face covering and maintain physical distancing when outside your car. Be prepared to unload your own boxes and take them home afterward.
Donations of nonperishable food and cash to Marysville Community Food Bank are gratefully accepted. To minimize physical contact, we prefer that you donate online at www.marysvillefoodbank.com.
Thank you to community sponsors Home Street Bank, Marysville Sunrise Rotary and Noon Rotary clubs, and Marysville School District.