June 26, 2018, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM @ Marysville City Hall
The State Avenue Corridor Subarea Plan will provide long-range guidelines and standards pertaining to land use, commercial and mixed-use nodes, architectural design, site design (where and how structures, parking, etc. are placed and oriented), landscaping, open space and park/recreational opportunities, pedestrian circulation and transit service.
- Project purpose and community feedback to date
- Plan preparation process and schedule
- Presentation by consultant MAKERS Architecture and Urban Design about their experience in transforming commercial corridors
- Full group discussion on plan goals and objectives - what participants hope to see within a 20-year horizon
- Visual preference exercise: A look at architecture and design.
The State Avenue Corridor Subarea Plan is being developed to provide long-range guidelines to improve the image, character, utilization and quality of life along State Avenue as redevelopment and infill development occur.
June 26, 2018, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM @ Marysville City Hall
The seven-member Marysville Planning Commission serves as an advisory board to the Mayor and Marysville City Council, with its primary responsibilities being to prepare the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and Shoreline Management Master Plan. Planning commissioners are appointed to six-year terms by the mayor and confirmed by the City Council. At least a majority of the commissioners must live within Marysville city limits.