Engineering Services creates standards for street design, surface water management, water distribution and sanitary sewer services. In addition, they review development plans to ensure they comply with existing codes and sound engineering practices. Engineering Services is also responsible for reviewing as-builts, utility availability and right-of-way permits.
Construction Inspection Services
Construction Inspection Services staff ensure that the overall site development coincides with the plans approved by the land development section. They inspect such work as road construction, grading, utilities and water runoff, as well as parcel layout.
For utility availability inquiries, please submit one of the following forms (either residential or commercial):
Engineering Design & Development Standards
- Chapter One - General Considerations
- Chapter Two - Water Distribution and Construction Standards and Specifications
- Chapter Three - Design and Development Standards
- Chapter Four - Drainage and Erosion Control Design Standards
- Chapter Five - Sanitary Sewer Design Standards
- Department of Ecology stormwater management manual